Thread: No or Yes
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I don't think that's feasible in today's society. Make our own food, absolutely. You can attribute most of our chronic health conditions to diet driven by convinience (and also living longer due to no lack of nutritional needs / medical advances to be fair). Still, you eat less and better when you have to prepare it yourself. I think if we had to grow our own food, you'd see a way higher mortality rate for whatever headpats you give yourself for self-sufficiency.

You ever have to fuck over a dear friend for (what you hope is) your mutual benefit?
Yes. One of my bands had a drummer that was always 30-120 minutes late and always played too loud. After trying for far too long to work with him and to get him to play quieter sometimes, we fired him. Over the next year or two, he became much more timely and professional, and had developed great control over his volume. That same band ended up hiring him again after that. Only now, his ability to play quietly made him sound that much more badass when he let loose and played loud.

It sure felt awkward to literally fire my friend, but by giving him a consequence, we actually helped him. Now, I would play with him any chance I get, or recommend him to any artist in a range of styles.

Have you ever lost an opportunity/job/gig because of something that was totally your fault?
Last edited by Videri; 02-27-2021 at 06:05 PM..