View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Hello again, ty for the replies. It is nice to read the different perspectives while I make up my mind.

To give a little background, I started with a druid which I got to level 14. Was enjoying it a good bit, that is until I realized it might be a little too many buttons for me to press and was making my hands even more sore after I came home from work. It's hard to explain, I used to be a power gamer in my hay-day but can't really to it like that anymore. I need to play something with a little less button pressing --certainly not a class that requires a lot of actions per minute or relies on kiting.

I want to play something that might have the ability to go off on its own from time to time and solo, mainly because I may have to take a break and disrupt a group if my hands start aching or something like that. It isn't really necessary if I go untwinked, but I'm not the type of person who will run around begging people for items and I do enjoy a challenge from time to time within reason. The main reason I emphasized untwinked was due to budget issues.

I've read about almost every class, except for wizards (lol), can't really make up my mind. I was trying to simplify things with my initial post but more research reveals what I want may need a compromise of some sort. I'm not a "solo" only type of player, but I am a complete noob and don't want to hold anyone back with my lack of game knowledge when it comes to zones, my class, or being poorly equipped. Idk.

To me it's not so much about the speed of reaching end game, but I would like to enjoy the journey getting there. It would actually bother me though, I think, if I couldn't take on blue con mobs to farm up plat for myself when grouping isn't an option due to w/e different factors. I think I'm more drawn to melee simply because even as a level 14 druid I could tell there was going to be a lot going on with the class (which feels awesome btw) that I might not be physically capable of doing due to these dang hands.

Pretty sure I'm ranting now, just trying to give more info I suppose. I just wanted to try to explain a little further--- and why kiting, fearing, or rooting was unappealing to me. My "style" is much more the "stand your ground" until the last possible moment and then make a run for it only if the situation looks dire. It almost seems like it's between SK and Pally at this point, leaning towards paladin even though it's less damage... but I really really don't want to have to kite stuff on a regular basis