View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Kobold

Been thinking about this. I mean the P99 dream for me is to have a cleric with a manastone, or the Ogre warrior with a guise so you can be unstunnable but not have to look like a 7ft tall pile of trash. The question becomes, how does one do that the most reliably/quickly.

Do you start the warrior off the jump, and suffer through the grind to try and get to Guk in time, and in the in-crowd so you can get a guise? Or do you roll a much easier character to level and buy that manastone, the Rubi, the Guise, all before they get nerfed?

You also have to figure in population issues, it's going to be way high to start. I mean, if you start in Gfay... just... fuck that. Nektulos might be ok, Qeynos might be the best, but god it's like starting off in the rural Russian steppe. It will be weeks before you get anywhere worth being.

Also, how popular is your class going to be? I mean how many Shaman can really sit LFG in Uguk? Will there be a single roaming mob alive in the Karanas? Or just cancerous bards with 100 mob trains? Chanters are fun to level, and in demand no matter how many are LFG, but have you ever raided as a chanter? Worst job ever.

I am just saying, there is a lot to consider.

As of now i am thinking Bard. I have never gotten one to high level, and it is clearly the fastest leveling character in Classic, with a great potential to earn money to buy stuff for alts. That said, Bards are cancer, and i dunno how much i want to contribute to the extermination of every animal species in EQ.
Last edited by Halfcell; 05-30-2019 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: added stuff