View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20010423...w_rep0103.html

Quote:
2001/03/15

Bard Epic Changed(Concert Hall BBS)
 どうやら、Bard Epicも変更があったようで、Dragon ScaleがQuestになっている模様? L-FayにGrynnaf EinoomというNPCがいて、Dragon Scaleに関して語ってくれるとか。後、TrakanonのGutが100% Dropになっているようです。

https://web.archive.org/web/20010530...rder=0&sid=142

Quote:
Re: Do white scales drop anywhere new? (Score: 0)
by Anonymous on Friday, March 16 @ 01:10:41 EST

FOME BRELLSERILIS message board

from that Erudite guy in the Hole that Minute found. He's level 53/54 and hits for 227 and a 1500 hp lifetap proc. Very MR but not CR. Venril Sathir style tactics have taken him down on other servers. He drops a rusty weapon (quest item) and 3 dragon scales of any combination of red, white, and green each time.

Dragon scales still drop from the dragons as well but this gives those bards sitting at 52 a reason to level now since they don't have to go for Goneraire.

Copy of a post I found:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standing next to a tree behind Happ spawn in LFay is a gnome by the name of Grynnaf Einoom. Hailed him, conversation went like this:

You say, 'hail Grynnaf Einoom'

Grynnaf Einoom looks at Aegos and wonders if he is looking for the Scalekeeper?

You say, 'what scalekeeper?'

Grynnaf Einoom says, 'Ahh...Ye be lookin for Nortlav then. Nortlav is a stron fella. Ye dunna want to mess with the likes of him. He's known as a dragonslayer. I heard that he keeps the scales of dragons he's slain. Yer not impressed eh? All the dragons he's killed have died by the blade of a [rusty weapon].

You say, 'what rusty weapon?'

Grynnaf Einoom says, 'Aye, I dunno know why he does what he does. But every dragon he's killed died by the likes of a rusty weapon. I dunno where he is now, but I heard he can be found in the depths of Norrath, surrounded by darkness"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giving the weapon to the gnome doesn't do anything but cost you the weapon.

]

file:///home/dsanftenberg/eq-archive..._and_replyto=6

Quote:
Scalekeeper. Implemented so that Bards and Warriors would not have to compete with casters going for the White Dragonscale Cloak and Melee's going for the Red Dragonscale BP. The Paladin community is NOT happy about this guy. It's totaly unfair to make Scales easier to get and keep the drop rate on the
Books so low. As I said, I don't care about my own Epics. Just too much frustration for them.