View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Default Comprehensive Drop History of Norrathian Raid Mobs

It took quite a while, but I crawled every guild website that existed in era of classic EQ. For sites still working I compiled their drop reports on this spreadsheet:
Raid Mob Drop Table History

Some raiders have told me the dev team is not interested in updating raid mob tables to 'classic levels', I personally don't care what you do one way or the other, this is your sandbox we all love and enjoy and I'm sure you have your reasons behind what you want to do.

Opinions change over time, perhaps some of your implementations were put into effect based on 'best at the time info', maybe this can help reinforce or change those decisions. Personally, if it was my sandbox I would implement drop rates according to this info and not pay mind to changes to accommodate for a time-locked server. If the goal is to recreate what it was like in era, I think this should be taken into account. Just my 2cp!

I just want to say, I am not by any stretch an active P99 raider, I did not cherry pick these numbers to try and influence any mob drop tables in my favor in hopes of obtaining more loot. I also am not trying to stick it to any active P99 raiders by nerfing drops. I am just calling it as I see it.

If any of the drops are in question, I linked each one in the date field, so you can review yourself and make a decision if it should be included or disqualified or modified.

In the actual document I listed the actual percentages for how often a mob should be dropping which piece of loot, and how often they should be dropping a total amount of items (such as 2 drops = 15%, 3 drops = 60%, 4 drops = 25%, etc). I also listed a 'suggested percentage' that was just my take on things. Do what you will.

The list of mobs is not complete really, I had very little data (almost nothing) on the Plane of Air as well as Faydedar. So can add mobs / data as more comes to light.

To active raiders who want a change to drop tables, please have patience and understanding. This is a LOT of info to digest and make a decision on. Please don't flame staff for their decisions.

I also welcome feedback to what is working as intended on P99 and what is drastically different on P99 according to this info.

Below I will post a summary for each mob, it won't list percentages of drops there (see spreadsheet) but it will contain my thoughts on how I think the loot tables work, as well as some comments / evidence that was found on the mobs and the encounters.

Thank you staff for this awesome recreation and all your hard work!! Keep it Classic.