View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Velious (Non-ToV)

Zlandicar

Number of Items Dropped:
Zlandicar’s Talisman + Frakadar’s Talisman + 1-4 Loots + Up to 5 Spells + 0-2 Velious Gems + 0-2 Dragon Meat

Special Rules:
Talisman’s are 100% drop
Multiple copies of item drops allowed (no triples seen, but probably possible)

Comments:
Did not see Dragon Meat drops, but going off the understanding it was on Velious Dragon mobs. Saw up to 2 pieces drop on reported ToV kills in addition to standard loot tables.

Found some rare cases of only 1 item dropping in addition to Talismans, as well as rare cases of 4 items dropping in addition. Perhaps you want to scrap those as potential errors and make it 2-3 loots instead of 1-4.

Corrected some spots in the data (highighted in red) where talisman’s weren’t reported. Felt pretty confident these were errors, but please judge for yourself.

Dain Frostreaver IV

Number of Items Dropped:
Head + 2-4 Items + Up to 5 Spells

Special Rules:
Possible that 4 of the same item can dropped as confirmed on 4/20/2001 kill

Comments:
Only 1 case of a 6-drop Dain, I am not including it unless you want to consider it an ultra rare occurrence.

Unsure what the low end on number of spells he can drop is, also not sure if he should be dropping Velious gems in addition.

Very first drop report in 12/22/2000 listed a Tunic drop, along with screenshot and mention of it. Not sure if this was a case of a unique drop being on his table early but then removed? I listed as a cloak for now, but perhaps further research can find if this was something unique that no longer drops.

Lots of evidence for a ‘Weak Dain’ and a ‘425 Dain’. I don’t know specifics between each one, but another P99 poster mentioned we have 3 Dains. Not sure how many there should be spawning, or if there is some method to the madness.

Lord Yelinak

Number of Items Dropped:
Yelinak’s Head + Yelinak’s Talisman + 2-4 Items + 3-5 Spells + 0-2 Dragon Meat

Special Rules:
Have seen up to 3 of the same item drop, could probably be up to 4

Comments:
No mention of Dragon Meats but assuming it was the same on all Velious dragons.

Unsure if Velious Gems should be dropping in addition.

Corrected 1 spot in the data (highlighted in red) where head was not reported, felt confident this was a mistake.

They did not always specify which Earring dropped (Blood or Tear), in those cases I erred more towards the Blood as that was reported specifically more often.

There is a potential case for the Talisman not being 100% guaranteed. There was enough blanks in the data where it gave me pause and wanted you to be aware of it. I never saw any specific mention of “stingy dragon didn’t drop his ST key!” or something to that effect. Also saw plenty of mentions of “...and as usual dropped Talisman, grats SoAndSo on ST key!”. So I believe it is 100%, I would feel more comfortable it not being 100% with some kind of post backing it up.

I wanted to talk briefly on the Very Large Coin Purse being part of his loot table. During Velious implementation I believe you said unless evidence was found that this was unique to Yelinak that you would place it on all 60+ mobs in Skyshrine with a chance of dropping. The 8/30/2001 kill had 3 items drop: 2 Purses + Robe. If this was not unique to Yelinak, then that would mean only a single item would drop which is inconsistent with the data. So that is why I feel the purse is indeed unique to Yelinak. I’m not sure what you did in the end with the Purse drop, but maybe this warrants a slight change. Perhaps some other 60+ mobs could have dropped it albeit at a lower percentage, but I think the burden of proof now falls on finding evidence to that effect.

King Tormax

Number of Items Dropped:
King Tormax’s Head + 3-4 Items

Special Rules:
Have seen 3 of the same item drop, probably could be 4 of the same

Comments:
Had to double check, but found no cases of only 2 items dropping.

Corrected some spots in the data (in red) where Head wasn’t reported, feel confident it is 100% guaranteed.

Unsure if Velious Gems should drop in addition, Storm Giant meat probably drops too as I’ve seen this on Vindi reports.

Came across some pictures of the loot table and Tormax wielding the Horn of Hsagra. It appears the wrong item icon is being used (should be a fang), it also appears as if the wrong graphic is being used for the item.

Item look when wielding in Era:
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...ormaxfight.jpg
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...ormax_dead.jpg

Item look out of Era (mentions 2 horns dropped… looks the same):
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...serverdown.jpg

Item Icon (Fang):
http://legacyofsteel.net/archives/20...rnofhsagra.jpg

The Statue of Rallos Zek

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items

Special Rules:
3 of the same item can drop, perhaps more

Comments:
There was 1 single drop reported but it was skeptical, could have been some banked reavers (part of a large update). The 2 drop statues were very rare, but enough to hold some weight.

I saw some Luclin evidence that Reavers could be pickpocketed and thought that may have affected drop reporting, but it appears as if this may have not been possible during era after researching further (55 cap on NPCs if you are 60).

The Avatar of War

Number of Items Dropped:
3-4 Items

Special Rules:
2 of the same item can drop, probably more

Comments:
To be technical I never saw a drop in era less than 4 items, but due to lack of data went into Luclin where 3 drops happened. Didn’t see any bows in era but could have been missing drops from somewhere, the 12/2/2001 kill mentions their ally got a ‘new loot’ but didn’t say if it was Helmet or Bow.

Sleeper’s Tomb Warders and Golems

Number of Items Dropped:
See Below

Special Rules:
Warder drops do not seem to be restricted between ‘unique items’ and primals. A few drops showing 6 unique items dropped (including 5 monk robes + 1 Salindrite Dagger)

Comments:
Didn’t log a bunch of ST Golem drops, although they are out there. Just confirming that it looked good on P99. Sometimes drop nada, sometimes a single copy of Primal Avatar (No Drop), sometimes a single primal + loot

I don’t know if the 6-loot guarantee was a thing or not, I hear that is how it is on P99, I never researched it heavily. Just wanted to show how loot table could be. A lot of warder drops weren’t broken out well and a lot of primals or Dainty Gloves or Staffs rotted and weren’t always reported.

Should be noted that for a stretch ST wasn’t active, you would zone in to see a bunch of human NPCs with an exclamation point at the beginning of their name (the standard placeholder used by Verant). Also warders even when implemented were dropping cloth caps in the loot table for placeholders on some unique loot.

Not sure if you want that implemented on refresh server timeline, just saying.

Velketor the Sorcerer

Number of Items Dropped:
0-1 Spellbook + 2-3 Items + Up to 5 Spells

Special Rules:
Velketor’s Spellbook does not appear to be added to table until sometime in late June 2001. There is a chance that this is a 100% drop, but enough drop reports gave me reason to think it was just a really good chance to drop in addition to normal loot table.

Comments:
Unsure what low end of spells should be, not sure if he should drop Velious Gems.

Wuoshi

Number of Items Dropped:
1-3 Scales + 1-4 Items + Up to 4 Spells + 0-2 Dragon Meat

Special Rules:
Minimum drop total = 4
Maximum drop total = 6

Comments:
No Dragon Meats logged but assuming same for all Velious Dragons.

Unsure if Velious Gems should be dropping.

Note that there is a drop report of only 3 items dropping, but feel it could be mis-reported based on all the other data. At the very least should be an ultra rare occurance.

Found evidence Wuoshi can gate, apparently a lot of dragons could:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010209.../cs/index.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20120716...ctober2001.php
https://web.archive.org/web/20120716...01/wuoshi1.gif

Note that the last image shows the actual text of Wuoshi gating.

Also found evidence that Wuoshi is a druid that can have a pet, can also buff the pet. Not sure if this is happening on P99. See screenshot:
https://web.archive.org/save/_embed/...ics/wuoshi.jpg

Tunare

Number of Items Dropped:
2-4 Items + 2 BPs/Robes

Special Rules:
3 of the same items shown to drop, maybe could be 4

Comments:
I noticed the Sap Encrusted Branch appears to be more of a staff instead of a baton in old photos. I’m going off memory of what I saw on P99, but I don’t believe it looks like this (at least as of 11/17/2001 in timeline):
https://web.archive.org/web/20030608...tunaredown.jpg

Also, I found some comments that said raiders felt the permaroot version of Tunare is easier than the mobile version. I know you put the permaroot version in since that had the most info. What is preventing the mobile version from being used, not OK to assume agro as normal and pull her to proper position?

Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Number of Items Dropped:
2 Items

Special Rules:
I believe each drop must be unique, can’t have duplicate drops

Comments:
Saw one piece of data that listed a single drop, but feel it is OK to omit this based on the all the other data.

Kelorek`Dar

Number of Items Dropped:
1-4 Items + 0-1 Dragon Meat + 0-1 Sea Dragon Scales + Up to 4 Spells

Special Rules:
Multiples of the same Item are allowed
Saw no cases of multiples of Sea Dragon Meat / Scales

Comments:
I’m not completely positive if Meat + Scales + 4 Drops can happen, but maybe it can. Otherwise limit it to 5 drop maximum.

There wasn’t a lot of accurate drop history on this guy, all a lot of people cared about was the Cloak, so would be like ‘Dropped Kelorek`Dar, finally dropped a Cloak for us!’. I wouldn’t interpret that as a 1 item drop. Apparently the daggers are total trash too, so could easily have been omitted.

I did come across a post on the 03/21/2001 kill that said Kelorek`Dar used to be an even con (level 60) but now is 63+ after patch (red con to 60) along with a new poison attack. Unsure if that has been incorporated into timeline?

Lodizal

Number of Items Dropped:
2 Items + Lodizal Shell + Iceclad Map + Up to 4 Spells

Special Rules:
First Shell drop is 100% chance.
All items can drop at least twice (including Lodizal’s shell), perhaps can be 3 drops but not seen.
Icelcad map cannot have duplicates.

Comments:
Not sure when the Map quest was implemented, but found a drop from 01/01/2001 where map did not drop, but other drops added up to 4. Either not implemented at that point or was not guaranteed to drop until later?
Last edited by Rygar; 03-09-2018 at 09:33 AM..