View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 09:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't forget where your toons are camped out, then. tracker FTE is a good rule because it's a bright line test which is easy to implement and enforce: were you over the race line when the mob spawned, and got FTE? So sad too bad, you must concede. I'm sure that if we blurred that line, we wouldn't start to see frequent Vanq. "accidental" tracker FTE's that interrupt other guilds going for mobs.

Along the same lines, trying to remove the 2 tracker limit is dumb, because it turns any coth required raid (e.g.: a lot of encounters) into a contest of who can park the most mages. Vanq. already using 3 mages at Vulak for several weeks running, i guess it's obvious why you'd want this: because you assess that you'd be able to park more mages and/or counting to 2 is vry hrd.
I'm still really curious about this and I'm not sure I'm clear on why you think the rule is a good thing to have. You mention being over the line and getting FTE-- you're allowed to have trackers over the line. What is the perceived benefit of getting tracker FTE? Why would any guild want that?

The only thing I landed on was what you said--intentionally interfering with another guild's engage. But that's pretty nonsensical and trivial to handle. FTE from a tracker lasts all of half a second while a mage gets one-shotted, and anything that would blatantly interfere with a team's engage would mean a competing raid force is there with substantial fraps. At that point it's literally no different from having any rando member interfere with the engage. What am I missing?