View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by framk71389 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
traitor! Nahh im jk how is the ally? ive though about one myself if I ever get the money.
Hehe. The Ally is great so far. I was eyeing a Deck when it came out. I'm an MMO and mouse gamer, so the Ally (for me anyway) is not for all games, though it can play many more games than the Steam Deck as it's a Windows 11 pc in a console.

Been playing Diablo 4 on it. Perfect game for buttons. D4 has a TON of clicking I don't want to do with a mouse.

Some people on the FB group I follow do have some issues with hardware or software but that's to be expected on a first release.. easy to swap it out at Bestbuy.

I've had no issues with mine, but followed the guides to update EVERYTHING first.

Lately, the glitch of the day is the SD card reader gets too hot when you're running the Ally on turbo mode and some SD cards are then failing. It's a good thing the 512gb internal can be pretty easily upgraded to 2TB.

I don't rly see the need to have all that storage for the couple games I'm playing. I might try to get P99 running on it we'll see. The best portable P99 machine has been my Surface Pro 9.