Thread: Good bye
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of the server isn’t to give everyone BiS pixels, it’s to have a server as close to classic as possible.

Guess what? Casual players not having BiS gear is as classic as it gets.
Classic had what, three guilds max in ToV? And ToV loot was good for what, a year? Before it was replaced with much better Luclin loot, making ToV irrelevant.

Per Braknar himself there are sometimes eight guilds in ToV on P99:

Quote:
[1:23 PM] Braknar: Has there ever been 8 guilds competing for ToV?

[1:24 PM] Braknar: Have you been online to watch the shit show that ensues?
And on top of all that, I don't remember first to engage messages, coth races, or any of the other B.S. that is completely unclassic but taken as a sacred part of the raid scene here.

But really, none of that has anything to do with what I'm saying. I'm not saying give BIS gear to whoever wants it, I'm saying let anyone capable of killing the dragons that drop BIS gear have a shot at killing them (ie. let people play the game we're all here to play, and let the game decide who gets what loot). After all, this is an emulated nostalgia server, and we're all here to relive our dreams of killing dragons together, right?

So try again. The current scene is so far from classic it's embarrassing that anyone even tries to use "classic" as an excuse for preserving it.

EDIT: Changed a word to "B.S." because I forgot I wasn't in RnF.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-06-2019 at 06:57 PM..