View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Kobold

If you have not played Vandal Hearts, you should!

This is by far my favorite Konami title and I have a *lot* of love for most of the Suikoden series and the original Contra.

It has character development similar to Shining Force, where each member of your 'army' has their own personal back story and quirks that get revealed over the course of the game... (instead of FFT's method of randomly generated units with some unique characters to support them.)

You don't have the ability to change your units' jobs at will, but there are specific classes and you have the ability to pick a 'path' for each character after they've reached a certain level. (Also akin to Shining Force)

The soundtrack is good (I keep the ending theme in .mp3 format on my *data I cannot lose* flash drive!) and some of the sound effects are great.

The storyline isn't half bad, and there's more of an adult feel to the game than what is depicted in FFT.

VH is a fairly fast 'beat', but there's lots of hidden stuff to discover that you'll probably miss the first time through (unless you gamefaq it -.- )