View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been following this a lot lately. Made a few stabs at it myself, although less than impressed with my results so far.

I used Adobe's Batch function to read in the entire global_chr.s3d, resize it up 400%, and save. Another batch would do Gaussian Blur 1.2 & Diffuse on them all to bring down the pixelation. But, from that point I haven't gotten a lot farther. Many of of the textures need some extra love, as I imagine you figured out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But you mentioned your workflow and I thought saying this might save you some time if you could resize them all and just get down to the business [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You probably already know this but Robe textures are also in the same file, and are shared between all usable races (Unsure on Iksars, though)...Incase you want to take a stab at those someday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Code:
global_chr.s3d

clk40X.bmp
to
clk100X.bmp
But besides that, great work so far! And I love that you started on humans first =)

Actually, I'm working on the robes right now. Then human female, then I make my first release.

Thanks for that bit of information. I might do that for a starting point. The way that I'm doing the texture now I have all the different armor pieces in the same PSD file and then a bottom skin layer. That way the skin doesn't change when you change armor (if its visible). Only thing that bugs me now is how it dyes the skin to change the armor color. There's nothing I can do about that I suppose...

Scram Jet Air "Because only poor people take the boat."
My Projects: UI, Sound, Music, Character Textures, Trailer