View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way back in the beginning, a lot of people thought the warders didn’t respawn because the server failed to kill the sleeper. So a lot of people were gearing up better then the previous attempt before they tried: a lot of people woke the sleeper thinking it was killable. Was really fun to follow I’m sure, I heard about it cause I didn’t get my own soe account till a couple months after luclin. I remember seeing the cover of friona vie on the moon with a pirate kerra, it was like Conan meets Star Wars I though.

Anyway, Rallos is the last server with the sleeper, some troll is in ooc and all over the forums talking about him and his goons waking him: so all the top guilds got together to kill the sleeper when he did: they had figured out a way to use pathing to their advantage and were successfully beating the sleeper down. GMs intervened and stopped the fight, this is when most people accepted that the sleeper was not meant to be killed. Some people still held on to the old theory.

Fast foward to like 2003 or 4: all those above listed guilds, b(lood)rotherhood of the spider, afterlife, foh and a few other top notch guilds were afforded the opportunity to attempt to kill the sleeper, they did and it’s didn’t drop anything.
Well Magis Imperial Magicus, wudan, Ascending dawn on Rallos killed sleeper. To my knowledge and searches done None of Brotherhood, Spider, Afterlife, or foh killed sleeper as their servers had already awakened him and had it run it's course running to yeli killing him and despawning. Unless they did it on a test server and never posted it anywhere cause no searches turn up nothing. Rallos with around 200+ folks they would send in 30 melee's at a time or so when the DT aoe went out mages and necros ran in and pulled corpses to be rez'd while another 30 or so squad of melee ran in and they did that over and over till it was dead. After a gm popped up 100% rez'd any corpses they could gave everyone 2 aa's for free to say sorry for the lost exp and everyone got a title as well.