View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Alright so, what race would you guys suggest? I'm leaning towards Erudite or Gnome because apparently they're the least KOS?
All of mine have been DE. Second only to Erudite in int, and you can go 1-20s (Nektulos>Lavastorm>Najena) without ever going more than one zone away from your home city, and anything you want/need to buy is also just a single zone away from home in EC.

In DE necro form I've spent far less time running somewhere and much more time killing things than with any other race. I mean, even if you do need to go someplace far away, EC with pretty much continual porting support is a 5 minute run down the road as long as you're bound at Neriak gate, and like I said there is no reason (other than change of pace) to be bound anywhere else until mid-20s.

Also DEs get the racial Hide trait. If you hide then FD, it will entirely clear your hate list and no other type of necro can do that. Hide is also a good way to break charm if you're charming undead.

And I never once really needed to go anywhere that I couldn't go. That said, I tend to have fun and make money and buy what I want rather than questing for the better items myself. If you like that part of the game a lot, then gnome may be better choice.

And DEs just look cool.

My second favorite necros though are gnomes, just because it's always amusing to see these little tiny guys stomping giant mobs so badly that you feel sorry for the mobs.