View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 09:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DE- hide, best racial night vision vs graphic bug that allows gnomes to crouch and see past walls around corners and in rooms.

Just an FYI- good races vs evil races the quality of life stuff as a good race shouldn't be underestimated. Its 9 cities vs 3 and all the xp and stuff quests that go with them
That's what quite a few people have told me. That I should ditch my character and pick gnome or another race. This should smooth out my leveling experience or so I'm told. So far I only ran into issues in Freeport, but if I was a gnome I guess I wouldn't have issues there. This whole situation kinda sucks big time. I like the Dark Elf but not all the baggage with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a similar situation. Though I was also thinking of doing a High Elf Magician. In the end I just stuck with my DE Magician for looks. The evil race thing can be an issue but its easily worked around. Though to be fair I was heavily thinking of switching to Gnome. It's still a possibility since he is so low in level. lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to have more city flexibility and such then I would suggest going gnome though.
How easy is it to get around? Do you have issues getting to banks and merchants? Hmm you suggest going to gnome to make things easier or flexible as well. I'm assuming that's why you are thinking to switch to gnome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark elf magician's are great! While hide isn't that useful for us, ultravision is. Neriak is a great city and with small faction work you'd be welcome in many places. It is also the most convenient spell library in game IMO. Ak'Anon and Erudin are so out of the way.

To me, the biggest perk so far (41 so far as dark elf magician), is that I don't need to care about faction. You can kill almost anything you want.
Holy! Level 41 Dark Elf Magician! This is awesome news as you have some experience. When you said small faction work I'm assuming you mean reputation grinds? What kinda of cities can I expect to have access with with some work? I really do like Neriak and the city is quite big.

It's good to know that I can kill whatever I want. Somehow I think this will make npcs hate me even more in certain locations.

Ugh what a terrible spot to be in right now. To stick it out with Dark Elf or switch to gnome.