View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Large Bat

After a re-install of my MacBook Pro around half a year ago I could not get wineskin to work again (I had been playing for a long time using Wineskin). I tried a lot, new install of eq in the wrapper, updating the wrapper with recommendation from this thread, Vile's wrapper, etc. I then installed bootcamp and played there, but with the advent of green I decided to give it another go and to my surprise got it working on my Mojave installation. This is what I did:

1. Remove all old P99 wrappers, wine, wineskin etc.
2. Installed latest Wine stable (v.4.0.2)
3. Installed latest Wineskin Winery (v.1.7)
4. Created New Blank Wrapper in Wineskin Winery
5. Name it P99 or similar and install EQ Titanium using "Install Software" in Wineskin
6. After installing make sure to select the correct windows exe (will be eqgame.exe) (under "Advanced")
7. Add "patchme" to the exe-flags (under "Advanced")
8. Under "Screen options" deselect "Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D"
9. Under "Advanced" click tools and "Winetricks", under dlls click d3dx9 and under settings glsl=disabled (not sure if this is really necessary), but worked for me.
10. Under "fonts" (still in "Winetricks") click "corefonts", under settings click videomemorysize=2048. Then click "Run" to install these elements.
11. Apply latest patch from project1999 to the EQ folder
12. Create an eqclient.ini file in the Everquest directory and paste in:

[Defaults]
WindowedModeXOffset=1
WindowedModeYOffset=1
WindowedMode=TRUE
[VideoMode]
Width=1024
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1024
HeightWindowed=768
WindowedWidth=1024
WindowedHeight=768
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

13. Edit as needed for your screen-size.
14. I then had problems with wineskin not being able to run "dsetup.dll", but after I changed the engine used (under "Tools", "Change Engine Used") to "WS9Wine2.22" it worked like a charm.

Hope it can help getting you ready for Green!

/Nyme (60 Wiz, Europa, Blue)