View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

The assumption you always need to make is you will get double Harm Touched. That is the worst case scenario for zoning in, as you will get nuked for around 900 damage, and then start getting hit for hundreds.

As an SK I just run in and FD if I get agro. I have yet to die from just the two mobs at the entrance. You could theoretically get really unlucky and zone into someone somehow training mobs, but I have never seen that happen.

However, as an SK I have the HP to take two Harm Touches without issue, and I have Blood Ember Greaves in case the initial FD fails. I imagine a Necro has more problems with taking two Harm Touches before attempting FD, and FD fails are a bigger problem. Harmshield before zone-in would be the safest bet. You would be able to burn both Harm Touches on the Harmshield, then FD as soon as it wears off for minimal HP loss. At that point you would certainly have enough HP to withstand some hits if the initial FD fails.

EDIT: I think Harmshield before zone in depends on how fast your load times are. Pretty sure buffs tick through loading screen, so if you are a slow loader it may not work. I would do some tests with Harmshield and zoning before going to HS.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-14-2021 at 11:02 AM..