View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/2610/commits

First commit back to EQEmu server project to make the "PVPSettings" rule values actually work. Currently it just turns PvP on for everyone if you set it to 1. It has values for racial, deity, and discord rulesets but they only signal to the client that you're on this type of server. This is how the client changes the name tag colors for example. Another example is the client showing this message when I was testing and had different deity characters on the same account.

I didn't read anything about EQemu commit process so we'll see if I get a grumpy reply to RTFM.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

These changes allow proper attacking between racial/deity teams or FFA for Discord. So as an example if you set the Discord ruleset you can PvP everyone but their name will be blue. This does not include the additional code to set level limits per rule set and other rule set specific mechanics. Just a first step I'll do that later.

I've been doing a lot of bulk changes to the database because it's so easy. No iksars before Kunark, no Vah Shir before Luclin, setting zone min_expansion settings. I trimmed down quests to just "classic" zones and started ordering them by value of rewards in terms of experience and items to ensure everything is set for appropriate expansions or removed.

A lot of bug reports from FaydWAR are fixed now in ClassicEmu I just have to reimplement all the FaydWAR stuff I did that is "classic" in ClassicEmu first. This is what I get for starting a custom classic server before realizing it would be stupid to make such a project when instead I could have a classic server that can be customized. Good thing to redo this work now though.