View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Lightbulb Chronicling the Adventures of a Pariah...

This idea came up sort of by accident, originating as a joke comment in response to a silly thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hereby nominate AkashicRecord as the potential best RP poster of 2017 for these fresh posts. keep em coming pls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were to start a new thread with only your lore and perhaps even some screenshots I'd subscribe and even dare 5/5starz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have read all of your chapters so far, and found them highly entertaining and fun to read!

A much different style of writing compared to the others who have created RP-themed stories, which makes yours stand out to me.

I also like the way you style and format the actual text you wrote in, that was a really nice touch that added an element of substance that goes beyond just the well-written story.

I agree with the above, please create your own thread with this wonderful story and character!

You might find more people will read it that way, as you unfortunately attached your nice story within a thread I created. (Not that I mind, but you deserve more attention for your creation and some people may not even bother to see it as their personal feelings may hinder them from reading a thread I have created.)

So... I'm going to quote my existing material here and then pick up from where I left off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~
Saturday, June 21st, 3104, 8pm...

I'm hoping to fill a medicine bag (or two) with a specific woody vine that I've heard is called "Caapi" by the natives, and "the Vine of Death" by the local shamans. Another plant that I'm hoping to find is a particular psychotria plant with a fruit that could almost be mistaken for a commonly brewed bean. (I've seen very detailed visions of them recently while conducting a ceremony with other shamans, so I know that the stories are consistent, and correct.)

I'm currently toasting some bat wings outside of Qeynos, trying to stay downwind of the guards. Believe it or not, bat wings are kind of... dare I say it... tasty... if you can get past the little bits of occasional fur. Fortunately, I have much better things to eat, like this savory 'Rat Stew' that I picked up for almost no coin at all. I actually need the bat wings should I decide to cross Lake Rathetear. I'm a horrible swimmer. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I gave up my Polar Bear Skin cloak to a friend on the way out of Halas, trading for a piece of (used) banded armor instead. Can you believe that this new piece of gear saved my butt more than once already? The only current problem I have is, "how the hell am I going to get all the Gnoll blood out of the thing?" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This postal delivery should probably arrive a few days ahead of me...hopefully I'll make it to somewhere near the South Karana border (alive) by then... if not, and anyone spots a Barbarian corpse on the way through the Karanas, please bury it with a crude tombstone, and say something like:

SHE DIED FOR
A GOOD CAUSE

In closing, I must say that centaurs make exceptional postal delivery workers! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~