View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 06:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default sounds like a child

I find, as a general rule, you get what you give/bring... out of your personal interactions with other players.
So if you come with a good attitude and are nice/generous,
then you're more likely to receive similar treatment.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The above is a fairly important point,
since it only takes one person in the group to start the grump-fest-snowball rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganVivisected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen that particular character throw a fit in a recent Unrest PUG over tanking while refusing to tank himself even though the group was having 0 issues with the mobs/pace.

My recommendation is just to avoid the player.
Uhg. I personally avoid games where I have to be around lots of people like that;
fortunately people like that are so super rare on p99 blue [in my exp] that they stand out.
It sounds like a "childish personality issue"... inexperience, incomplete physical development, or some other brokenness perhaps.
Whatever the cause avoidance is a good idea, if possible, after trying the nice/polite /tell* with benefit-of-the-doubt first, and having that fail.
*/tell to find out if they were just having a bad day/life,
and/or let them know their behavior is unacceptable
to the point that the admins may have to take action to protect the other players and the server's reputation.
Maybe someone is their parent who should be notified that they are failing in their primary duty as a parent:
to teach their child how to be vaguely acceptable to the rest of humanity...
better yet, to make the child more likely to be invited back, instead of shunned after first contact.

We all choose to spend our free time here with certain expectations of the types of interaction / stimuli ranges we may encounter;
if someone wants to act outside those acceptable ranges they should find somewhere else to play so our time spent here is not unnecessarily wasted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganVivisected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of people on this server have been awesome so far, (I caveat that with the fact that I'm new and haven't made it to raid levels yet lol).
Also 1500 is significant for some of us...
... I would be a bit ticked off for losing that,...
I agree. I have met few better mmo communities (EVE-Online maybe?).
People here have been especially excellent to me and others who are new to p99;
helping out with items/cash where needed/wanted, info when asked,
and little or no maliciousness/mean jokes.
Why? My theory:
Compared with the average online game server population RL ages,
most p99 people tend to be more mature due to older ages
(having lived longer, gained more RL exp which usually, although not always, increases maturity in people).
As for raid levels, I think the nice/decency/maturity generally holds true,
though with a limited and time-consuming resource (raid mobs),
potential chance for "personality issues" to cause conflict does increase.

and yeah... I think 1500pp is a huge amount of money to anyone who does not yet have a 46+ character on the server.
On a personal note, the dishonor in refusing to return the money would be inconceivable for me personally to bear, but everyone is different I suppose
(and this adds to my belief that the individual in question is under the age of 25, probably under age 16 iRL).