Thread: /golfclap
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Orc

In the early summer of 1999 I was sitting in my living room playing AD&D when my roomate showed up with a game called Everquest that he had heard about. He installed it and we all gathered around the computer and watched as he rolled a character and stepped into the world. By the next day we were all hooked. I played in an end game guild off and on through Planes of Power.

Since that time I've played WoW, Conan, WAR, UO, Darkfall, Vanguard, and SWG to name a few. Some of them have been decent and I have had great experiences in each of these games, but nothing will ever duplicate the sense of wonder I felt the first few months of playing Everquest. While this server can't completely recapture that feeling, it has certainly provided moments that have reminded me of that time and for that I am very grateful.

Thank you very much for the work that has been done to get the server up and running. I can't wait to re-experience Kunark and Velious at a more enjoyable pace than my first time through.