View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If wizards had clarity they would be the best class in the game and too straight forward for the game designers to allow.

1. Blow enemy away
2. Quick rest to full mana
1. Blow enemy away

I'm pretty convinced that enchanters aren't supposed to be able to charm high level dungeons the way they do here. I don't remember it being done on live, but maybe I just missed it. On this server, enchanters are OP.
How do you figure? Wizards can't mezz, memory blur, they nuke, no crowd control, now way to pull things solo. High level wizards should have clarity, my mage can solo mobs in Karnar castle with his pet only, nukes with less than half his mana to kill single mob. My Wizards spends his entire mana bar to do the same. Mob hps over 40th level double, triple, quadruple. Wizards are clearly lacking in sustain DPS, they should be considered a magic based rogue. Only the rogue has a skill that helps them lower agro without having to stop doing damage. An rogues do damage infinitely as long as the tank has agro. Wizards have to contend with fizzles, resists, medding, an to lower their agro they have to stop doing DPS an cast the concussion spell.
Anyone play enough classes knows wizard under powered at high levels. If you havent played one, then you do not belong in the conversation.
Thats the reason they added familiars to the game in later expansions, because the devs knew the wizards needed mana regen. The different level of familiars gave wizards breeze level mana regen all the way up to clarity II level mana regen. 2/tick, 4/tick, 6/tick, 8/tick, 10/tick, then up to 12-14/tick around POP timeline
Last edited by NPC; 12-08-2020 at 08:55 PM..