View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 02:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've done a lot of charming on a necro, if you have EVERY SINGLE -mr item and don't overload the pet with tola robe and conflag dagger the necro charm is very reliable. Even on a higher dark blue (one that can summon you) it still was very reliable.

The main rules are like this

1) Always root the mob your pet is fighting.
2) Always have screaming terror ready with your pet targeted.
3) Always be ready to refresh GCD and FD if terror resists or the mob dotted your pet.
4) Always keep yourself high HP (90%+) and use excess mana to roll a leech-type dot on yourself incase of breaks (vexing mord etc)
5) Don't forget you have a basically resourceless heal over time for your pet and you can basically completely front load a mob with damage over time spells because charm pet agro (with augment death etc) is going to hold agro over you, even with splurt, vex, pyro, etc etc going all at once.

Overall though, you gotta be prepared and patient. Know the area you are charming, time the pathers, know the repop locations exactly and so on. The only thing that ever killed me was not being properly prepared and aware of my surroundings (even charming in the hard wings of HS and soloing/duoing crypt)

But overall, just be ready to be patient.