Thread: Rogean 2.0
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think a lot of people who played Doom, or Quake, or Half-Life (or DaoC/SW:G/WoW) thought "I'm too fragile for this, this game sucks?"

Of course not, morons! Those were good PvP game systems, and they took whatever players played them and made them a part of that system, so it was fun for everyone ... even if they were fragile little non-PvPing babies at the start.
And thats exactly what im doing. Elaborating on ways to make people enjoy themselves. Gfay as a trading hub and newb pvp central on Rallos was awesome. Its part of the magic that was missing on red when it launched. A rallos style server could work, but i think without the tweaks i suggested, its not going to be as good as it could be. Im guessing you just werent here at launch to witness what the vets of this server did: See a 500+ pop nosedive to 150 pretty quickly, with "grief them off the server" being a running joke and a badge of honor.

Wow pvp imo took off because it made pvp so much smoother and enjoyable than EQ. I still remember when it clicked for me in Wow. I was on my 27 priest and helped 2 other guys take down a 52 hunter. I was like WOW this is wow? Wow me in! XD

EQ pvp is still fun, but clunky and you have to make the best of it. Im not gonna type another wall of text, im not sure what youre complaining about, i did talk about the different systems, their pros and cons.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-17-2020 at 04:15 PM..