View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't install into the c:\Program Files folder then you wouldn't have to worry about UAC. Reinstall in something like c:\games or something instead.
I don't have my installation in C:\program files or any other "default" windows directory and still have this problem. I'm not sure how accurate this quote is, or maybe I'm just a one off case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say I had WinEQ or Project1999 installed in the ProgramFiles directory, which I do not.

If I am running the native Project 1999 everquest client and ANY UAC prompt occurs, I get stuck with a black screen in the native Project 1999 client, which forces me to camp out and log back in. If I am running WinEQ and ANY UAC prompt occurs, the game recovers and I don't have to camp out.

As for this part, not a solution but a work around, if you choose not to turn off UAC (like myself) you can usually recover from the black screen by pressing Alt + Enter three times on a Windows box. This takes me to full screen (black screen still) then back to windowed and I'm no longer dealing with a black screen.