View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is jordan Peterson "right wing" or something? He seems center-right at most to me
He's not, it's a smear campaign by the leftists. He believes people should be more conservative with sexual relationships and that marriage is good for society; he's also against equality of outcome (read: Communism). Oh yeah, he also talks about ancient myth, including religious texts, as a source for wisdom. Aside from that, the only "right wing" thing about him is that he's against the extreme Left, and this triggers the Leftist media to label him as a Right Winger of the "Intellectual Dark Web" (their words.)

Pokesan's attempt to rustle me aside, his shitpost is a fine example of what the Left is doing to smear Peterson. They cherry-pick out of context quotes or themes of his university lectures and then try to paint him as absurd. Recently, they really go after his lectures on symbols (such as in poke's shitpost), especially when he talks about the mythic story structure of order/universe masculine/feminine paradigms set forth by numerous religions and cultural symbols. It's a framework to make the reader ridicule Peterson at the start of the article, based wholly out of the author's own ignorance and/or unwillingness to consider the topic.

I've seen a few articles recently that started off, "I haven't paid attention to Peterson until I read the NY Times hit piece, and now I can tell you this guy is a piece of shit!"

cool bory stro

The (sad!) thing about this is that the left, so desperate to smear him, are attempting to do so through intellectual laziness and willful misrepresentation. They pretend to be incapable of understanding metaphor or the value of symbol, and that Peterson is some crazed lunatic for using Jungian terms. This is a really bad look for people who are supposed to be high quality writers and journalists.

Honestly I am sad to see this poor behavior. It's going to backfire, even if it's written in the NY Times.

may god bless your sorry souls.