View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I love you man. You’re like the literal embodiment of everything that is unhealthy about MMOs.

And I respect you for your consistency in that.
FWIW, I never camped, owned, bought or sold FBSS, SSoY, Djarns Ring or GEBs on any toon on Teal/Green ever. I camped 1 EB earring, 1 GBS (more knowledge and patience over time than long hours), /listed a few jboots. Had to go in on Manastone though - great hour-per-plat investment. For Manastone, I made friends. People assume the dude camping Manastone is some druggy on caffeine. It's mostly groups of friends/guilds.

Oh, and I've only socked a few dragons. I just recognize EQ for what it is man. I'm just clearheaded and accept the Norrathian reality as it is. But if people wanna put a persona on me that I'm a neckbeard just because I have a somewhat extreme personality and a predilection toward discussing game mechanics in detail.... *shrug*

EQ is my hobby. It's where I spend my free time working on different, interesting projects (see my signature.) The one I am working on now is quite interesting, and I look forward to sharing it with you and putting a smile on your face, like it has on mine.

I have a wife, own my business, and do a lot of work from home (way before COVID.) Lifestyle helps. Students can get all their studies done, nail their exams, and play hookie on some classes if they want. They can get straight A's and still manage to go hardcore in a game like EQ. They aren't without commitments, they just have a different lifestyle.

If you have a 9-5 job, a wife, and kids, it'll be tough to do things like a /list camp - but I met people in that situation that did because *drum roll* they made friends.

The people saying account sharing is for neckbeards and it locks out casuals are simply the casuals who have yet to find friends to share with. Take away account sharing on /list and you will have only hardcore neckbeards - I'd be off that /list as well.

Quote:
I have no idea how it works for anyone with a life, people way smarter than me insist it isn't a fucking retarded waste of time, and there are only ever a few people "playing" while everyone else is standing around doing nothing but watching.
It's like democracy. Worst system except for the rest. /list is best because all the alternatives are worse.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 09-29-2020 at 12:03 AM..