View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 03:05 AM
Sarnak

The problem with increasing difficulty of raid mobs within p99 is that to increase it in a way that still represents classic everquest simply means increasing the dragons hp, or damage output. The issue with this approach is that all it does is force players to bring more people to kill the dragons, and doesn't really increase the difficulty for each individual player.

Even on Blue where staff made unclassic changes to effect the way raids were done in Velious, the changes essentially made it so that the largest guild always had an advantage. The changes in difficulty didn't open content to more players, I would argue it did the exact opposite.

Either way I think there is probably a 0% chance of any substantial mechanics changes happening on this server at least not for a long time, and I think it's way too early to even be considering any changes to the raid scene. The server has only be open a month, and Seal Team is the only guild raiding, as more players reach 50 other guilds may start raiding. Competition causes rushed engages and an increase chance of failure, so really we should just give it time and see what happens.