View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot stress enough how much Sneak amplifies the adventuring spirit of the Druid class. It opens doors to quests and exploration that would otherwise be closed.

Not to mention, a bushy mustache > some dress.

I created this thread to identify the pros/cons of Sneak vs. root neck. Root neck in late velious is meh. Root neck in classic may have changed my mind.
Honestly, I think it depends a lot on your playstyle. It seems self-evident to you that Sneak is valuable ... but like I said I've never really used Sneak on my 60 Halfling Druid in his entire lifetime. I'm not saying this to disagree with you that Sneak is useful, I'm just pointing out that what seems obvious to one person isn't to another.

We've got four pages in this thread, and all anyone has said explicitly about Sneak is that you can use it to vendor/bank places you normally couldn't, and you can do quests with bad faction. But those are super rare/minor use cases (especially for Druids who can port whenever they want, and who start with "good' faction no matter what race they pick).

So if you really want a good discussion, and you want to tease out what other people see as valuable about the root necklace ... maybe stop "stress[ing] enough how much Sneak amplifies the adventuring spirit" and instead actually explain why you think Sneak is so useful.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.