Thread: Game Mechanics: Make Quillmane Classic Again
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 03:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The drop rate of the cloak vs the leggings was slightly off. I mean, it wasn't off by much, but likely exacerbated the issue of overall rarity when combined with fewer kills.

That part has been reevaluated and the change will be in the next update.

As far as the spawning method, I do not see anything wrong with it, and aligns with the 'evidence', anecdotal evidence, as well as what the former developer said in the linked video.

I also reviewed how many Quillmane kills occur on the servers on a daily basis; there are many. The amount of cloaks on the other hand, I agree needed adjustment to get to a better place.

So, the loot table should function better after next patch.

Fixed, pending update
Any chance you could as least clarify which version of the classic spawning method you are using? There seems to be several different version or accounts of classic quillmane spawning methods. However, most of the classic information on Quillmane spawning suggests the placeholders can only spawn south of splitpaw on fixed points (albeit many), but it appears post-change on p99 at least that placeholders can spawn on any point on their roaming paths, including far north in the zone, which evidence (and most of the posts in this thread) suggests should not be happening.