View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrozi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is the existence of later expansions / games at all relevant on a Velious time locked server?

We are in a Groundhog Day type of scenario where we retain knowledge but relive the same experiences. Later games are irrelevant, later expansions are irrelevant. People come here to experience that time locked nostalgia. That is the whole point of the server.

Loot is distributed on this server to the people that put in the most effort to acquire that loot -- EXACTLY like the snapshot of live this server replicates from 2001.
It creates conditions that aren't classic, nullifying any argument that the endgame raid scene here is classic.

That's without even mentioning 6? years of Kunark on P99, which would make a "snapshot of 2001" impossible to recreate here. And if you're talking about living in the Velious era for 4+ years or whatever it is, you can't liken anything to "a snapshot".

Classic Velious content was something guilds consumed and then moved on from, creating a vacuum for less hardcore guilds to come up and consume. And so on.

I know it's the entire basis of your agrument, but it was a flow, not a snapshot. Expanison. Flush. Expansion. Flush. P99 removed the flusher from the toilet of content and we've clogged it all up, and we're neck-deep in turds.

Unless you're advocating guilds who have been farming NTOV for 12 months get characters with NTOV loot on them deleted to simulate moving on to bleeding edge Luclin content as an artificial flush to get the flow moving again.

On Live, I didn't experience NTOV content until Luclin. That's what it took for the Xegony uber guilds to stop monopolizing the content before my guild could consume that content. That flow that is inherently classic is artificially prohibited from taking place here, so there can be no comparison.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles