Thread: WinEQ2
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to take a moment to mention what an amazing piece of software this is. I was having a lot of issues playing lately. My graphics were fine in a lot of situations, but certain situations really gave me some intermittent graphics lag. If the zone was complex or there was a lot of people there, it was like EQ would stall for 0.05 seconds every half second - it was annoying as fuck. It caused me to like overturn and jump around and move erratically.

WINEQ2 FIXED THIS FOR ME

Today I had a 1v1 with another warrior in KC while 70+ people were sitting there - COMPLETELY SMOOTH

I had tried WinEQ2 a couple years ago and didn't like it because of the CPU Affinity option that affects how levitate functions (couldn't lev trick, couldn't swim out of water with lev and run above it). I simply disabled the CPU Affinity option (which was never an issue for me) and it works great.

I cannot tell you how THRILLED I am to be able to play EQ smoothly once more and actually fight people. I'm looking forward to some bard kites too!

If you're on a borderline PC like me and experiencing any of the issues I've described, give WinEQ2 a try!
I have exactly this issues and it is TERRIBLE for me. I am going to try this wineq2 when I get home. Thank you for your post.

There is nothing wrong with my system either, stats below:

AMD 8350
16GB 1600
NVidea 660 2GB
2x SDDs