View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

Default Boots of the Vindicator should look like fine plate until September 2001

Boots of the Vindicator were originally not black, they had a fine plate look until September 2001.

Quote:
Date : 13/09/2001

Topic : New Graphics

This came off the official EverQuest message boards.

I noticed with the last patch, the Boots of the Vindicator were changed. They were previously a silver, original non-velious texture, pretty much looking like fine plate. Now, they seem to be a dull gold/brown color. Any chance we could get these changed back? One of the reasons that I wanted these boots was for the plain look they had along with great stats. I miss my old boots!

We changed the look of a few items with the last patch. While your preference obviously would be that this particular item remain as it was, we thought it better that it look a little more unique. A few other items were cosmetically changed as well.

In the long run, we understand that it's just as likely that people will prefer the old graphic as it is that they will like the new one. I think the old saying goes something like this: I don't know art, but I know what I like. We have to go with our instincts on this sort of thing.

- Alan
http://web.archive.org/web/200301200...ember_2001.htm