View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Default Wood Elf Male Plate Helmet texture issue

So I've been tinkering with some of the textures making little changes (like fixing the Wood Elf Male Plate gloves being oriented wrong), and while trying to tackle another issue I have hit a wall.

This wall is the Wood Elf Male Plate helm's wing-looking ornament on the front of their helmet (helm3.bmp in global_chr). It very clearly looks like it's intended to have some transparency around the edges of the ornament, but there isn't. I've played around with it and modified the first index value to 'magic pink' after recoloring the intended transparent parts and modified the texture patcher .bat file to enable transparency on it, but all I get is the pink value being turned black in-game (like in the erroneously transparent textures).

Picture examples:

Before: (from texture patcher thread)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What I see after fixing the index value to magic pink and enabling transparency:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Note that while the helm is tinted, that isn't whats making it black. Before I fixed the index value to the proper pink I was simply getting a slightly altered pink because of the green tint on Thorny Vine helm. I lack an un-tinted plate helm to play with)

Is there any way to enable proper transparency on the ornament of the Wood Elf Male Plate helm?