View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A single texture can actually have multiple separate visibility flags applied to it for different models, but I don't think the texture patcher is sophisticated enough to distinguish between different instances of the same texture in the .wld file. Hence why it opens up a hole in the back of female human plate helms, apparently.
</spam>
This is the part that was interesting to me. The patcher flips some flag somewhere to enable or disable transparency. But simply changing to 'enable' it for the wood elf hat ornament didn't actually enable any transparency. I only achieved that transparency when I went into the .wld file and changed it there.

At the same time though, the patcher did change something. Without it being changed there to allow transparency the ornament had a pink outline I put there. When I ran the adjusted patcher .bat the pink turned black (like other textures falsely tagged to be transparent).

Tinkering around with it after I got it working I found that the only way the ornament had the transparency in the above picture was to have the .wld modified, AND to have the patcher flag it as transparency allowed. Either of these not in-place and the transparency was broken. This implies theres another flag somewhere that the patcher modified... I'd be curious to know what flag the patcher is actually changing and where it is.
Last edited by Kinvalar; 08-04-2015 at 01:43 AM..