View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:37 PM
Large Rat

People view names of characters in games very different, some like to use new names all the time, some people want the same name they've used in all other games.
If there's an easy way to accommodate all people, I'm sure that's what most server admins will go for.

That said; for blue server I don't think it would harm to delete any character with a total /played under 10 minutes. That should take care of any names sitting "reserved" and unused, without hitting bank mules and lvl 2+

Green is a new server, with new characters ... so it's only natural that all names should be up for grabs. If you have the same name on green as on blue, you wouldn't be able to merge "yourfavoritename" from green to blue without a name change anyway.

Just for fun, I made a new char (on blue), pressed "random name" 3 times, removed 3 letter and ended up with "Nirmin" which feels like a decent name. Even with 1 mill+ names registered I'm sure there are some good names left.
I'm more bugged by names like "Palediiin" than "Xorgizul", you would not wan't me in charge of the "character name black list" >:-)

I've played on P99 since 2009'ish, I have 10+ chars over lvl 20 and my highest is lvl 52. Not everyone plays the game the same way, don't just assume your way is the "right way" to play EQ and not having a lvl 60 means you're not "serious"!
Last edited by callemosen; 09-21-2019 at 05:44 PM..