View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valik1016 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...So far so good! And my first interaction was with a very nice person who saw my red name and contacted me to ask if I had made a mistake, and did I understand the implications of my choice. And then we chatted for a while. So it's sparking interactions, which in an MMORPG is a good thing.
I think between the novel, new experience, the immersion and the challenges, the fact it piques such curiosity and serves as a great icebreaker for interactions between myself and others is my favorite part. Every single group I've been in has been thoroughly rused into believing I'm a Necromancer when I'm actually an Enchanter - the red name helps! More particularly, there's always questions, namely "why?", and it's always so fun explaining the logic behind it. Almost always develops into a fun conversation within the group.

Last night, we reminisced about Live and how apparently two of our party members used to play on a PvP server. One mentioned all the griefing they ended up experiencing and the other talking about what things were like after some changes as time passed. The idea it helps reunite people over past ideas really warms me.