View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 12:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

From a very young age, I knew I was not like the others. I felt out of place in this world - yes, it offers so many paths to take, but every one has been traveled by the boots of hundreds of thousands of "adventurers" before me. Meaning no disrespect to the original settlers of these lands - they were the true adventurers, carving paths to establish safe-havens amidst the chaos of Norrath: The treacherous mountains of Faydwer, the dense forests Faydark Toxxulia and Nektulos, the sub-zero perils of Everfrost and the overbearing heat of the Desert of Ro. Nay, I speak of those that followed them, for how many times can one follow the well-beaten paths of our ancestors before the overwhelming urge of TRUE adventure overtakes them?

That question dominated my thoughts. It became an obsession that further drove the perceived wedge dividing myself from the others. I immersed myself in studying the practices and religions that are only mentioned in whispers in the darkest corners of Norrath's taverns. Hatred, fear, decay, conflict, chaos... Discord. In my travels, I happened upon a Priest of Discord, who offered me a tome, written by The Seventh Hammer of the Court of Justice. Yes! This was a major step in the right direction. My eyes were opened to knowledge of the Order of Discord, those who studied and followed the same as I. I returned the tome to the Priest and became a child of Discord.

And yet there was still something missing. That old nagging thought from my youth suddenly returned at full strength. Yes, I have embraced the teachings of Discord, but what about my path? The fact that I was still following the same dusty, over-trodden paths of my ancestors left me sick to my stomach. I decided I must do something drastic to break the cycle. I would not only embrace the ways of Discord, I would devote my days on Norrath to destroying only those followers of Order who had banded together to form their cliques, churches, and shining cities that aim to sublimate the chaos and Discord that lives within us all.

Then one day as I was engrossed in my studies, I overheard whispers of a small group of children of Discord, looking to grow their ranks quickly. They would take some of the burden off of the oft-ignored Priests, and spread the word in the lands between the safe-havens of Norrath. I met with their charismatic leader Darious Bileblood in the Plains of Karana to discuss whether I would be a fit to this clan of Misunderstood. I will always follow my calling to destroy those who ignore their internal calling to Discord, but I have now found a family that may accept me in my quest.

-Yizerno, Devoted to Fear, Follower of Hatred, Decay, Chaos and Discord