View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you giving up? I already listed it. If you failed 1. You lost a ton of stats as Ogre from overstating in velious. As a result of your overstating, you're extremelly anemic in other areas (like dex, and wisdom, and charisma, and basically anything that isnt str and stamina). Which means other classes that arent ogres, in the same raid gear, end up with more well rounded and powerful characters.
This barely matters. The level of gear required to cap out stamina even with the buff is beyond what most players ever achieve, and it's also useful to cap it unbuffed because it gives you an extra buff slot and/or lets you not worry about letting stamina get dispelled. You're more likely to have over 200+ wisdom than 205+ stamina unbuffed, and iksars only have 13 more wisdom than ogres anyway. The ogre's fifty-two points stamina advantage over an iksar's is vastly better than thirteen points in a stat that softcaps at 200 which you can reach in non-raid gear. The gap between ogres and trolls is smaller, but their stats are so similar that no comparison is meaningful there. And ogres still have the edge.

Don't know why the fuck you're talking about dexterity and charisma. These stats do literally nothing for shamans.

Quote:
2. You're big, all the time, all the damn time. You're like betty crocket's large stick of butter jammed directly into the arteries of a dungeon. You've got to shrink, all the time, and even then, you're still obnoxious to move around.
Shamans get shrink at level 19. It costs basically no mana and lasts forever (until zoning). A double-shrunk ogre is about the size of a dwarf, so no, it's not "still obnoxious to move around" when shrunk. Past classic, the dungeons generally aren't narrow enough for racial size to be a real issue, anyway. By Velious, it becomes totally irrelevant as everything is spacious even indoors.

Quote:
3. You lose fashionquest. In my opinion, this is the worst of the offenders. You're ugly, sinfully ugly. Not because you're an ogre, but because the armor on ogre doesn't look great. You've sacrificed the most important part of the game for "mUh SiTuAtIoNaL sTuN rEsIsT."
Ogres are handsome. Shut up.

Quote:
5. MuH FaCtIoN (like who cares about faction anyway really)
Nobody has ever brought up faction as an advantage in favor of ogres. What are you talking about?

Quote:
In short, FSI isn't just a noob trap, it's simply boomer logic thinking it's better when we have velious. The only thing that made ogres outstanding was their stat attribution pre-velious when other races couldnt approach your levels of str/stamina. Now that everyone can cap, that doesn't matter, which means ogres don't matter.
I mean, if you're incapable of comprehending basic game mechanics, I can see why you might somehow concoct the idea that avoiding interruption doesn't matter. That doesn't mean you're right.