View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

This spell effect/icon editing is going to take a LONG time. I'm only up to spell id 217...there's 8457 spells in the spell file. Granted many of them aren't used on P99 so I can skip some but...That project isn't going to be done in one sitting, it's gonna take me a bit.

NOTE: For now at least, to save time, the Modern Spell Graphics fix is ALSO going to include fixes for the modern spell icons.... This means it's gonna botch your icons up if you intend to continue to use Classic icons...modern icons will be fine, Luclin spell icons should also be ok. I will eventually go back and change the spell file so that it has new graphics but old icons and upload both types so people can pick and choose but for now this is taking long enough as it is...

The files required to revert back to modern spell icons/gems will be in the UI changes post. I'll add the fixes for Luclin spell icons/gems in there too.

Will update this post when the spell graphics project is complete. Depending how much time I decide to spend on it it may be done by later tonight.

EDIT: Something occured to me so I decided to log on to test what I've changed so far...I was right... Attempting to change the icons/spell graphics to match Live as Xblade did requires modifying the spells_us file which Project 1999 protects like a child... attempting to connect to the server with a file that's been modified or outdated in anyway results in the "spell file outdated, patch from project1999.org" character select crap. Xblade originally posted his fix in 2010, I think that was prior to this spellfile scanning thing going in. If I can't find a method of circumventing it I'll just have to abandon that project.
Last edited by Danyelle; 05-05-2012 at 05:47 PM..