View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavrefamn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is it worth it to look for agility the AC benefit?
No, almost never

How much agility = 1 AC?(7?)
depends on class, even warriors get a pretty crappy return (4:1 or something bad like that)

Does agility "really" help with avoidance?
Supposedly, but not enough to warrant losing any ac for it

Does this agility AC work better/worse/the same as armor/shield AC?
TBH I don't remember for certain but from what I recall, it counts towards AC alot differently but I would be hard pressed to tell you how.
In short, agi on an item is an added bonus, but should probably never influence you to pick something with less ac, or agi over hps or str. AC is pretty much god atm, hp's jesus, and str the holy spirit. AC > HPS > STR > DEX > w/e (altho some will probably argue that dex > str to some degree, dependent on alot of other factors like what gear you have, unbuffed stats, etc etc)

I wish I had more concrete numbers to give you, but it's been 11 years since I played my warrior. I might see if i can find the post on here about AC and link it for you. *disclaimer: No examples used here are tested, proven, hardcoded or anything like that. This is what I remember (poorly I'm sure) from live circa 2000 ish

Edit: ok, from a post in January here, http://samanna.net/eq.general/effects.shtml section 4 arcticle blah blah blah., for full post search armor class on p99 and look for jan 2012 date
Last edited by leezard; 03-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Link