View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On review (damn I wish RnF had edit), I think the "defensiveness" you're picking up on is between me and Dolalain (note that the post you quoted was in fact a reply to him). I was just "defending" the fact that we had no classic ZEM activity for five years, because he seems to be newer here and (sort of) called me out earlier.

But again, all the stuff about us not having classic ZEMs I want to be wrong about. As I've tried hard to stress, I very much don't want things to continue the way they are, and for Dolalain's research to be ignored.

Nothing would make me happier than Nilbog "giving me the middle finger " ... in the form of a patch that adds classic ZEMs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think he's debating whether the ZEMs are classic or not. I think he's debating this comment you've always made that he on purpose makes ZEMs non-classic in order to emulate some sense of "ZEM mystery" and create a more "classic atmosphere". And that he stands in the way of them being classic on purpose.

The ZEMs aren't all classic. But, contrary to what you've claimed multiple times in the past, that's not because Nilbog purposefully makes them so to try and create an atmosphere where people know less about them like they may have during the classic era. In large part it's because we don't have full information on what classic ZEMs were. His "source?" question is contesting your contrary claim on those points.