View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitsmeChanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with both of these is that trains are only really bad because of rooted dragons, we all have to claw to get as close to that target as possible then at the last second train and get an edge for loot. Solve this with an FTE race and a lockout. FTE'rs die at the end of their race, and no trains are needed.

All of these ideas are just ideas to preserve/protect the super guilds. Kinda makes it hard for any other guilds to have a chance. If you can't get a shot at something, you can't prove that you can do it. Moreover, its hard to hold member interest to build numbers for something if you cant just compete and try for it.

As for the idea of if you cant kill it within an hour, you forfeit, that's just jockeying to get riot more mobs. Everyone knows there is only one guild on the server that can kill anything at any time of day. A rotation slot should allow for 24 hours to complete the content. If you don't think you can complete it in time and concede it within say 6 hours of pop, then you can take the next pop IMHO.

It seems to me that a lot of our problems can be resolved with FTE races. If your guild FTE's the mob you have a set amount of time to kill it. If you fail, you're out until all other present competitors have taken a shot at it, or for like 1.5 hours, whichever comes first. I think that this eliminates the need for the massive trains that honestly seem to cause a lot of our petitions.
I would be fine with amendments to my suggestion to make things like RW a same day kill. Though as far as things like proving they can do Tuna (im aasssuming youre referring to that?) Maybe set aside the 4th week for an attempt. If they can do it, on their own, then add them to the rotation and make the joint raid take the week after the last guild was added.

I also never said that you just conceded the mob after the timer would expire, only that a different guild could engage. You could still go after it, but any trash you cleared would then also be out of their way as well and they could snag the next lock. However to prevent people from chain locking and not engaging, institute a strict one time limit on their first lock. No just running to the dragon, getting yellow, dancing around the engage to go lock it again later just to prevent people from engaging.

The ST zone rotation I proposed would give guilds like Kittens, who used to not be in the rotations, a slot since im 99% sure they have enough keys to compete if they really wanted to. They just sort of dont, I think.

As for the rooted dragons? Im sorry people need to actually play EQ and not just wait at the zoneline, but this is the current situation and I dont think theyre going to go back on it now.