View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...So as an example if a group has been after a healer for a while and they don't find one, can a pally step in and heal for a group as they wait for a healer to show up? Will there heals be strong enough to keep the group topped, I'm assuming they can with a clarity?
This happened on occasion when I played my Paladin during off-peak hours. Yes, the Paladin can often maintain a group with no other healer. The group had better be willing to potentially reduce pull rate (and/or move to a safer place) to compensate for the weaker healing capacity. Sometimes you'll have someone else who can tank (Monks are quite common), or occasionally you'll have to tank and self-heal. Nobody asks for this sort of situation, but sometimes you can't find the classes your group needs so you make do with what you have. Reduced kill rates are better than sitting around doing nothing.

In raids it isn't unheard of for Paladins to be asked to heal groups of lower priority characters or folks who don't get hit much. A set of +WIS gear can be nice to have if you find yourself doing this with some frequency.

Danth