View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never forget everything that has happened on P99 occurred with EQEmu channeling code. Level 1 you have 70% success rate compared to 30% in classic. You're basically a level 40 caster starting at level 1. Finding this out and putting in the work for this bug report is what ruined P99 for me.

https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395675

I don't know what the staff thinks about this because they haven't said a word since I originally told Nilbog I was looking into this and he said he would check it out. I believe he said something like "next week." So did they change anything? Are they using stock EQEmu channeling? I don't know but I do know I confirmed on P99 at level 1 you've got ~50-70% success rate when I started this research.

So even if they want to provide the usual snarky response after months/years of ignoring the community, I'd contend it's a dick move to tell someone you're going to look into hours of work they put into your project then ghosting them when it seems to reveal the server is wildly unclassic and basically easy mode.

Just remember every single time you channel a spell you're experiencing custom easy mode EverQuest. Especially if more than one mob is hitting you because EQEmu just applies an adjustment for multiple attack hits up to a cap around 15 but in classic every hit required a separate channeling roll and if any of them failed you wouldn't cast.

This is before we even get into things like experience rates, raiding, and all the other easy mode aspects of P99.
Bozo got curved by Nilbog and now thinks he speaks for the community.... LOL. Channeling is perfect here. Go critique else where you clown.