View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I said is true...obviously, you never lose a camp to someone else unless there is another player that wants it.

I do see what you are saying, that the mere act of running across the zone doesn't cause you to lose the camp unless someone wants to challenge it from you...in which case you get to pick (not lose it automatically).
Exactly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Before anyone has challenged you, there is no obligation to sit around waiting at the camp for a mob to respawn. The only obligation is that you make it back before respawn (and not even technically that; technically it's "make it back and start in a reasonable amount of time" ... so even if you are two seconds late in getting back you still don't lose camp ... but 10 seconds? a minute? five minutes? Then it's a staff call as to how long is too long).

And I was less trying to call you out (apologies if it seemed that way) and more just trying to emphasize that point for other readers. I've seen multiple players misunderstand this in-game and think they could take a camp from someone (without even talking to them) simply because they showed up while the first player wasn't at the camp location (even though the first player originally cleared the spawn AND made it back in time for respawn).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-19-2019 at 11:55 AM..