View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

This whole situation is a bit touchy. I mean sure it makes sense in HHK, and the guy is probably being a bit selfish, showing up and claiming mobs that are quite obviously part of the current pull rotation taking place down in the basement.

However the rules HAVE to be this way or you run into the problem of higher levels and/or better geared folks dominating entire zones. Sol B was mentioned, what happens when you have a good royals group going, they are the only group in the zone. Any decent 45+ group should have no problem clearing royals, entrance trash, window, and pretty much anything that spawns in the "front" half of sol B. Another group shows up and takes window.. This is typically considered fine because window is "traditionally" its own camp. It's the same situation described above, just involving more people. What happens when you have some 50 druid PLing their buddy in MM GY and pulling all of the pit and yard trash to boot? They can clear it, they have no problem "holding" the front half of the zone even though it's traditionally 3-5 camps they are pulling. Should any newcomers to the zone just move elsewhere if they can't take one of the remaining camps in the castle?

That said, in a camp as small as what you are talking about, anyone who would force 6 people to give up some of their exp because they are simply too lazy to walk somewhere else to exp is pretty inconsiderate and while I would allow them to do it, I would personally never group with them. This server would have to be ridiculously overpopulated for it to be impossible to find exp elsewhere at any level. *shrug*

This is why I was never a fan of the PNP on live, for every incident of it preventing the little guy from getting fucked over by evil empire, it spawned 50 incidents where it was being abused to inconvenience others under the pretense of "fair play". I always loved people telling me I had to give them every other named spawn of a mob I had been camping for 5 hours because they needed the item too. I would rather be trained and KS'ed than subjected to that sort of lameness. Maybe that's just me.