View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 03:40 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, so you have one guy on live thinking the risk vs. reward was worthwhile, and virtually all other Enchanters thinking it was too risky to charm in groups (or solo for that matter).

As I keep repeating, this is not a binary thing. The question isn't "was charming possible in live?" ( of course it was) ... the question is "if it was possible, and some did it, why did so many fewer Enchanters do it on live vs. here?"

Here's a simple thought experiment: let's say P99 is super accurate in most regards, but the charm success rate (or any other mechanic that affects charming, eg. the channeling success rate) is 20% higher here than on live: what would that look like?

I submit that you'd see a server that looks just like live ... only with Enchanters charming a lot more than they did on live. In other words, you'd see P99.
Totally agree, I don't think Charm (and Root for that matter) resists/breaks on P99 match what was on live.
I played chanter there and the way we played/pulled there wasn't any time to handle a pet, let alone handle one, when you are taking care of 5 other mobs in camp, or worse yet, handle a Charm break.
Sure you could charm and sure you could be lucky ... for a while. But then you would have some bad luck, eat dust and leave your group without CC possibly to whipe or at best with a Chanter that has to med up after Rez ---> no good CC for a while.
Not talking about outdoors/snared pets which is childsplay, there you can charm to your hearts content with little risk (other than running out of mana, which would usually happen, because charm broke more often).

And yes we stacked Charisma too back in the day, I just remember it as: can work for a while, usually too much tax on Mana, not worth the risk.