View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Insulting people is not an argument, nor does it validate any points you have made[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That guy's a known forum troll (the juvenile handle and profanity should give it away, I think) who seldom adds anything beyond absurd claims and hyperbole.

-------------------------------------------------

On Blue, Paladin and especially Shadow Knight damage isn't nearly so bad as people think because Blue has the upgraded damage tables as well as upgraded 2H weapons. It's distinctly better than Green. At high levels Shadow Knights also gain significant damage from their pets, but the original poster sounds like he may not reach that point and the pets in the level 22-52 range are rather bad.

I do not particularly recommend a Shadow Knight if you plan to stop at circa level 50. I regard the SK class as best at level 60. I feel it has something of a "dead zone" during the middle levels where your character will spend most of its lifespan. It won't have the good pets, the good lifetaps, the good feign spell, or the stronger damage spells. You aren't high enough to use weapons with the better syphon-type effects and Vampiric Embrace is awful at low level. On 20K you won't afford the instant-click invisibility. You don't even get Feign Death until level thirty and even if you do, in truth feign pulling doesn't matter ALL that much at low-mid levels, at least not like it does later on. At this level range it'll mostly feel like a somewhat slower Monk that can carry more cash and (eventually) invis itself. Of the three conventional tank classes I like Paladin best during this level range; the SK does not impress me overmuch during that level range.

-----------------------------------

To answer the original poster's specific question: Autoattack/white damage between the two classes starts to diverge somewhat as warrior dual wield starts to become useful during the 30's, and the warrior pulls ahead a bit more at 50+ as absolute skillcaps come into play. At 60 with Triple attack the Warrior has a fair advantage, although again this is partially mitigated by the SK spells and the pet to a greater extent than is commonly realized. Nonetheless, if you're wanting to deal what feels like "good" damage and particularly if you're used to a monk, a shadow knight is going to feel slow.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-09-2020 at 02:57 AM..