View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the doorbell rings and your charmed pet breaks while camping, you're gonna be in trouble. That being said, I leveled my enchanter by playing fairly casually, so it is doable. There are plenty of times I'd log in, clear a camp (20-30 min), and log out. The charming set up is easy and doesn't require a ton of mana or time. If you envision yourself having to instantly camp every session though, I might suggest necro since you can FD. Or, just bind in the next zone over and gate/unplug.
It wouldn't be every session I hope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. But I still estimate once every 5 sessions, probably the gate/unplug method would be best then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard charm kiting is way more lenient to afk sessions than enchanter charm kiting if thats your thing.

If you want the panic AFK, just roll monk.
I haven't played in a long time, but the way I used to do it back in the day was I'd round up a bunch of mobs. Charm 1, let the others almost kill him and then break charm and kill him myself.
The only way for me to survive that train of mobs would be with selo and autorun. /quit and hope I'm still alive after that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
But either way with my ping as high as it is I don't think a bard would be good, besides I'm no fan of swarm kiting, I'd rather do some dungeon charming (which I'm pretty sure is disastrous if I have to AFK/camp with my bard, due to the low charm duration).
And I don't like playing a monk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood why people think enchanters are not afk friendly, just bind in a safe spot near your killing spot but far enough so the mobs leash, that way if you have to afk you press gate then /q it doesn't take long at all and it's 100% safe.

If you absolutely want to stay in that area you can also break charm and use a long mez duration so you have time to safely camp. (Enthrall at lvl 16 is already a 48 seconds mez)

At high level you can also use blanket it's amazing.

Sure it's not as convenient as feign death but it's really not that bad.
Thanks sounds I'll just give the Enchanter a shot when Green launches, unless for some reason iksars are available at the start and then I'll pick a necro.