View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ogre racial is the worst one in the game for people getting "magical" ideas about its effectiveness. I recall, for example, one ogre shadow knight who marveled at my human. How could my character possibly cast spells during combat? It's not frontal immune! Dude actually thought it was impossible for a non-ogre to cast while in melee. He was more extreme than most, but overall that racial gets blown so far out of proportion all we can do is laugh. I liked your efforts awhile back to try to put some hard numbers on its actual effect.

Danth
Specifically on these forums at least, I disagree. People think Regeneration does things it shouldn't, which doesn't make sense considering it is simply an addition or multiplication problem. Trolls get 4800 HP per hour standing at level 60, assuming they never hit max HP. That's it. This means people either have weird ideas, or are trying to defend their race choice for some reason.

Conversely, I don't think I have had someone vehemently stick to some silly opinion about how FSI works. People generally just ask about it, and thank you for the explanation. I agree FSI is a bit more complicated to understand, but I don't see nearly as many people claim it to do strange things and then stick to those ideas vehemently. I do see this with Regeneration.